Monday, July 28, 2008

E-Mail and CPanel down

Hi all
This morning I noticed my email was not working, and then it has been brought to my attention that all of my clients hosted through BWD (aside from Premium package hosted clients) are experiencing the same trouble.  No email access (not accepting passwords) and no FTP access to accounts.  (cPanel access has been restored, but modifying files on the site has not.)

The hosting company is working feverishly to correct these issues.  I was told they stem from a common software update to cPanel, that obviously went awry.  I have seen progress - as I'm sure have you - but full functionality has not been restored as of 11:14am today.

I can receive some email, and can send using a different mail server, but again, full access has not been restored.

Will keep you updated here, and will use this for future account-wide outages.  Please bookmark this site.

Thanks for your patience, we are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
Greg

No comments: